Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:46:45 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       The easiest way to deal with the above problems is to revert Nick's
       changes, which Nick already partly did.  The work that remains to be
       done if we continue this way is to better document the behavior of
       `C-c RET', RET and mouse-2 in Comint buffers.

   Let's proceed down that road.  Can you send a patch that would
   correct the documentation about this?

I will do so, but there are various places that need changes.  Certain
features were not (or badly) documented, even before Nick's changes,
and they do need to be documented.  There are also a few minor code
changes involved.  So maybe it might take a few days.

Sincerely,

Luc.