Re: Patch: overstrike/bold in Windows build

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Patch: overstrike/bold in Windows build
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:46:03 +0200

I've tested your patch in a setup which *doesn't* suffer the problem,
and the results are a little weird.

The 1-* set of images is for Lucida Console.

The 2-* set is for a font which I did once by adding the euro sign to
a font whose name I've forgotten (perhaps Lucida Sans Typewriter).
That's the one I use everywhere; it looks OK on desktop computers, but
on the laptop it shows the problem you're trying to fix.

In every set, *-normal is the non-bold face, *-bold is the bold face
before your patch, and *-patched is the bold face after your patch. As
you can see, the 2-* font is almost unusable in bold mode with your
patch.

I'll try at home and report any other relevant info.

--
                   /L/e/k/t/u