Re: Switching to Subversion

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 03:27:07 +0100

Juanma Barranquero escreveu:
In fact, at this point of time there is no support for most free
distributed SCMs (git, bazar, bazar ng, darcs, monotone, mercurial
...) in stock Emacs, it would be a big loss if this would be a reason
to rule out all of them.

Lack of support in Savannah should be an issue, though.

See http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb.

As for personal experiences, we tried some things for LilyPond, and I have the following to add

 - I concur with Juliusz that using centralized VC today is a bad move

- GIT: steep learning curve, but it also has a clear model that makes it very predictable to determine whether something is possible or not. There is also a lot of tool support.

- darcs: a clear model from theoretical point of view, but we could never get the hang of the user interface, syncing was too slow for a serious project.