Re: nt/makefile.w32-in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: nt/makefile.w32-in
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:54:35 +0200

> Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:34:59 +0100
> From: LENNART BORGMAN <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>  Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
>
> What I want to avoid is trouble after the release for those who wants to
> build themselves with tools that perhaps barks when there are different line
> endings in Makefile.

What tools are those? can you name them?

The only suspects I can think of is the Cygwin Make, but this Make is
not supported by the native Emacs build anyway, see the compatibility
table in nt/INSTALL.

> It seems like this point has somehow totally disappeared from our discussion.

It didn't disappear, it's just that you are talking about theoretical
problems, while the rest of us are talking about practical ones.