Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:57:11 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:13:01 -0800

1. Right-click the desktop. Choose Properties in the pop-up menu.
2. Go to the Appearance tab.
3. Click the Effects button.
See whether the box described next is checked, and, if so, what the
pull-down value is. Steps 4 & 5 are to set it to ClearType, which is what is
shown in the screenshot I sent.

4. Check the box "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen
fonts:"
5. Pick a smoothing type with the pull-down list. I use ClearType.

On my system, the method box says "Standard", so I'm no sure that I
don't use ClearType.

Some points, maybe mostly for the record:

- My display is a TFT display.
- Perhaps I do not use the best driver at the moment, since I am using a switch between the PC and the display.
- It looks much better with ClearType on.
- I am quite a bit surprised that Eli and Jason found the font on the picture I sent satisfactory. Could it be that it looks different on your displays? Though I have a hard time to understand how that should work.