Re: constant `e'

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: constant `e'
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:16:28 -0800 (PST)

>> Despite being a maths graduate, I can't think of any other such
>> constants
>> with anything like the universality of e and pi.
>>
> c. I don't think we have that defined in Emacs though, maybe physicists
> don't use Emacs for calculations as much as mathematicians.

Or maybe they use geometrized units
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometrized_units).  The universality,
expected precision (a 2% error in c or in Boltzmann's constant is
typically not much of an issue), and unique values (being independent of
units) of e and pi are the reason for their inclusion.

Davis

shipping.