RE: address@hidden: Re: map-y-or-n does not use minibuffer-prompt face]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: Re: map-y-or-n does not use minibuffer-prompt face]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:05:52 -0800

> > So, should we use it for y-or-n-p and map-y-or-n and query-replace,
> > or not?
>
> I think so because there is no other way to show that Emacs is asking
> some sort of question.

Those are blocking questions. You can't do anything but answer them. Sooner
or later, you will notice the question.

That is not an argument not to make the question more noticeable, of course;
it's just a response to the statement that you can't know that Emacs is
asking a question.

I would leave the face of minibuffer prompts and messages alone for now. Or
change the color only slightly (e.g. to medium blue), and use the face
consistently for all prompts. (Personally, I thought DarkBlue was fine, but
I don't use black for minibuffer text.)

After the release, we can always discuss whether there should be different
classes of prompts, with different faces, and so on.