Re: Pretest?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:17:48 +0100

On 3/14/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

What is "curious" about that?  I proposed what I consider a pretty
logical and consistent way of dealing with emacsclient calls, and then
mentioned a drawback of this for a certain setting.

And now you call it curious that what I mention as a drawback does not
strike you as the best behavior?

Curious.

Please, don't be so jumpy, because I tend to answer in the same mood
and that leads to me being labeled as "aggressive" pretty fast :)

My "curious" was meant as "it is curious how wildly different
expectations are from one user (or indeed, developer) to another". No
judgement, no implication that my choice was better, no nothing but a
little wonder about human variability (and irritability, I would add
as an afterthought).

Honestly: I just read an old thread from September 2005 where some
people was hopeful that 22.1 could be released that same year. So I'm
now just a little sad, and the issue of whether emacsclient interrupts
or not seems less and less important to me. I'd only like to ask that
an option be left somewhere so overeager interrupters like me can do
our thing without having to hack server.el.

            Juanma