Re: Pretest?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:15:02 -0400

        ;; We're inside a minibuffer already, so if the emacs-client is trying
        ;; to open a frame on a new display, we might end up with an unusable
        ;; frame because input from that display will be blocked (until exiting
        ;; the minibuffer).  Better exit this minibuffer right away.
        ;; Similarly with recursive-edits such as the splash screen.

In the case where it really is on a different display, and if you
don't see that other display, the result would be very undesirable.
This code prevents that bad result.  Unfortunately, there is no way
ot distinguish the various cases, because there is no way for Lisp code
to find out which frame or display the minibuffer is on.

So I guess this has to be left alone.