Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:56:13 -0400

    >                         with the exception of the very latest dired.c
    > change (I couldn't find a ChangeLog entry or emacs-diffs commit log,
    > so I'm not sure if that commit was completed before the crash).

    I suspect RMS forgot to commit the changelog, but in any case I've installed
    the dired.c change and added a ChangeLog entry for it.

I tried to, but it did not work.  At that time, I found I could commit
source files but not change log files.

    It looks plain wrong (it replaces define-global-minor-mode with
    define-globalized-minor-mode which is already in the list) - so
    I don't know what that change is supposed to fix.

It is clear I was in too much of a hurry to check carefully what I was
doing in that patch.  I don't have the time it takes to do this job
right, which is why I hope to step down for a new maintenance time.