Re: table cell menu does not appear at the menubar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: table cell menu does not appear at the menubar
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 18:26:43 -0400

    Also the nature of this bug is a bit more elusive than I thought.  If
    I kill current emacs and start it freshly the menu starts working
    correctly.  It continue to work correctly but eventually stops
    (entering the point into a table cell doesn't bring the table menu
    item anymore).  I don't exactly know what "eventually" means
    technically at this moment.

If you use GDB to investigate what happens in updating the menu when
it is failing, and simultaneously investigate another new Emacs
process in which this is still working correctly, you can compare
them and see where and why they start to diverge.

I think we should not delay the release to fix this.