Re: Merging multitty

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Merging multitty
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:27:03 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   >
>   > > For multi-tty there have not been any reports of crashes in a long
>   > > time (more than a 1 1/2 years if I recall correctly).
>   >
>   > It does not work at all on several platforms as far as I understand
>   > and thus would completely block the trunk for unrelated development.
>
> That has been know for several years, and it has not changed. And it
> probably won't change until the branch is merged.

There is no branch to merge yet.  We first need to get it into a
branch.  Then people will have a chance to work on it.  At the moment,
it is only kept in a completely different repository.

> Karoly says that it's mostly fixing compilation errors. I would
> still guesstimate that the total disruption would be less.

I don't think it would be a good idea to merge it into trunk before
other people actually had a chance of assessing the problems and
working with them.  Up to now, all we have about the other platforms
are guesses.