Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:40:25 +0530

Hi,

On 5/26/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
I don't know how often I will have to repeat that point: a central
repository requirement is something which is not going to work out
well.  Packages should be able to know where they originate by
themselves.

A quick thought:
Is it feasible/practical to have a keyword in the comment area of the
file "providing" the package with list of depedencies and their
locations? If the locations are not given, we could assume that it in
the same location where the main package is hosted OR is part of emacs
distro.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!