Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:50:16 +0300

>> > Entia non sunt multiplicanda.  Instead of inventing a dozen of new
>> > representations of face samples, it would be better to use the format
>> > familiar to users from using the command `list-faces-display':
>>
>> Yup, makes perfect sense,
>
> In emacs -Q, there are 63 faces. In my emacs, when I bring it up, there are
> 280 faces. YMMV.

I have 329 faces now and would like to see them in the format identical to
the format of `list-faces-display' in the *Completions* buffer.  I see
no problem with that.

> Adding a face swatch that is 53 characters wide to each completion candidate
> means a lot of unnecessary clutter for *Completions*. It adds nothing for
> the user in this context to repeat the alphabet twice, even if
> `list-faces-display' is "familiar".

Exactly for the same reason you can complain about clutter in the output of
`list-faces-display'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/