Re: source repository

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: source repository
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:43:18 +0300

> From: Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:14:16 +0300
> Cc: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
>
> > You understood incorrectly. Some developers use arch, but the definitive
> > repository for Emacs is CVS. Since Miles is away at the moment, the arch
> > synching is not happening. I'm not sure why savannah lists arch above
> > cvs (probably it is alphabetical order), but it is misleading - there
> > should be some indication there that the main repository is CVS.
>
> Oh.  A pity Emacs still uses so old system.

Why should we care how old it is, if it suits our needs?  We are not
exactly spoiled by abundance of free resources to invest effort in
jobs that are ``nice to have''.  Just think how many man-hours will be
wasted if every Emacs developer and contributor will have to install,
learn, and set up an unfamiliar configuration management package.