Re: slow make-frame + face initialization / importing x resources

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: slow make-frame + face initialization / importing x resources
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:53:51 -0400

    I'm thinking of doing ref-counts and COW,

Will your cow orkers offer any help in implementing this?

                                              so by default, if the new frame is
    similar (e.g. on the same screen with the "same" frame parameters), so the
    faces are inherited.  They can later get unshared if needed.

If you're willing to redesign that much, I am sure you can make it
work.  While you are at it, you might be able to reduce the number
of levels of data structure that we have for faces.  That would
make things simpler and easier to maintain.