Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:50:03 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, most other programs that display splash screen do that in a
> separate frame.  I don't see why can't we.

The question is not why we can't, but why we should: "most other
programs" don't even have the option to display in a separate window
rather than a separate frame.  So of _course_ they display in a
separate frame.

We have the option to use a separate window instead.  For me, a
separate window would be less noisome.  It also would give the splash
screen a longer expected time of survival since the splash screen does
not have to be immediately dismissed (or a window rearrangement bout
started) before being able to commence any work.

Your mileage may vary.  That's why we are discussing here, and it is
of course a somewhat theoretic discussion since every person here will
not want to get bothered by a splash screen unless there is no useful
other screen content, anyway.