Re: Another VC terminology change?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Another VC terminology change?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:59:27 -0400

    Perhaps you missed my longer email on that issue.  I don't see a problem
    there; in fact I would actively resist inventing a new term because I
    think fuileset means the same thing in both places.

I wish that were true, but it isn't.  In VC, a fileset is the
set of files marked in a dired buffer.  This is a transitory set.
In the Filesets node, filesets are semipermanent entities
that you define with filesets-add-buffer or other mechanisms.

It will be natural for the reader to suppose that "fileset" refers to
the same sort of thing everywhere it is used in the manual.
But it doesn't, and that is a serious problem.

We cannot leave things this way.