Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:36:14 +0200

> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:16:28 +0530
> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
>
>  Though a trivial issue that many of you might not be affected (but I
> am). Ability to access CVS from corporate firewalls. I did try to
> inquire why system administrators block the port 2401.

CVS over SSH does not use 2401, it uses SSH port 22.  Does your
firewall block that as well?

> Since I spend most part of my time working in the corporate
> firewall, I would like to have a VCS that alows me access through
> normal (HTTP/HTTPS) ports that are normally open in most corporate
> firewalls.

I once had similar problems, and the gnu.org maintainers set up CVS
access through such ports; perhaps it's still there.  It all ceased to
be a problem for me when Subversion started using SSH, and I found
that most firewalls don't block SSH ports.