Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:45:13 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
dhruva <address@hidden> writes:

  > Hello,
  >  I would welcome this. I still find it hard to hack something big in
  > emacs, this will give me a better opportunity (if there are M$
  > specifics, even better)

There are already a few tasks there, so please choose something that
you'd like to work on, and start sending patches.
Hopefully more tasks will be added as soon as people think about them.

Here are a few w32 specific bugs I can remember right now out of my head that have not been entered in FOR-RELEASE:

- Printing is broken on w32 and some weeks ago I discovered that Emacs can hang completely if a user tries to print. Unsaved data can be lost, of course!

- rgrep is broken on w32. (I will send a patch for this in a while though.)

- The handling of lwindow/rwindow and alt keys are broken. (I have sent patches several times for this, but nothing really happens.)

- Menu handling is broken IMO. You can not add accelerators to menus. This is due to handling of & chars at the wrong moment in the C sources.

I am surprised that not the first one of these bugs are in FOR-RELEASE and I believe it is a very good illustration of the need for a bug database.