Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:30:00 +0530

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>  > All of the DVCSs seem good.  No one marshalled any compelling arguments
>  > in favor of one versus the other on technical grounds, and all other
>  > things being equal, RMS (and maybe some others, perhaps including Yidong
>  > and Stefan?) preferred bzr because it is a GNU project.
>
>  In its current form bzr is not usable for a project of the size of
>  Emacs.

I feel the decision to move to bzr is mainly because it is a GNU
project. Every open discussion seems to suggest either GIT or
mercurial in the emacs list (and other projects considering a change
in SCM too).
Either we decide to postpone till bzr is good enough or set a timeline
by which all SCM related comparisons can happen and decide. Deciding
to move the bzr and then hope for things to improve will be depending
too much on HOPE.
 I just hope it the decision is based on technical facts rather than
affiliations and emotions...

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!