Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:28:29 +0530

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  Also, given the current performance problems, we haven't tried
>  much more.  E.g. I have no idea how easy it will be to keep Bzr-Emacs in
>  sync with Gnus's repository.

I have tried keeping my bzr repo of Emacs updated. It is extremely
slow compared to GIT. When a connection breaks during a 'bzr pull', I
need to restart the slow process all over again. I would do the same
with GIT too, since the performance is good, I have nothing to
complain. I would still prefer if the tools could wait for sometime
before giving up. Usually when I use WIFI connectivity, there are
intermittent connection breakage due to feeble signal, I would be
happy if the tools (SCM) could just retry the previous request a few
times before giving up.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!