Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:47:35 +0200

David Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 08:40:59 -0600 Tom Tromey wrote:

"Nick" == Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
Tom> To achieve this, a few changes are needed.  First, Emacs needs a
Tom> new way to maximize a frame so it doesn't overshadow the panel.

Nick> I'm not sure what you mean.  Emacs appears maximise a frame like
Nick> any other application and the (Gnome) planel always remains
Nick> visible for me.

Try:

(modify-frame-parameters nil '((fullscreen . fullboth)))

For me this covers the whole screen.  I reported this last year
sometime ... Emacs needs a new fullscreen mode that respects the fd.o
standard here.  (It needs the current mode for presentation apps.)

Just a bit curious, isn't it the window managers job to put the window
into full screen?  At least that's the way I do it.  But I don't have a
panel or stuff, so maybe these problems don't exits here at all.

Yes, I think at least on w32 it is the window manager's job.