Re: Release plans

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:26:29 -0500

> Just a reminder: we will begin the feature freeze for Emacs 23.1 at the
> end of this month.

A while back, I came across a note saying that any package that is
developed within Emacs shouldn't have it's own version numbering.  I've
looked in vain for that note, but have been unable to find it.  However,
Calc is now a fully owned subsidiary of Emacs, Inc., so is there any
reason why Calc should have its own version number?

Jay