Re: isearch and M-y/C-y

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: isearch and M-y/C-y
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:27:18 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>> It would be very bad to give C-k a special meaning in a search.
>> Using it to exit a search is very useful.
>
> In general we should be very reluctant to steal more keys in isearch.

I agree -- in general -- but it's kind of hard to imagine that many
people use C-k to exit isearch ... it's seems pretty unlikely the point
will be correctly placed for that command to be very useful.

The M-y/C-y issue, by contrast, actually does confuse many people.

-Miles

--
It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill.
It was yours.  [Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990]