Re: C-x C-b and C-x C-f bugging about confirmation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-x C-b and C-x C-f bugging about confirmation
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:24:05 +0900

address@hidden writes:
> In my experience, I open non-existent files because I want to create a
> new file, and I go to non-existent buffers, because I want a scratch
> workspace, far more than I mistype a filename (I daresay that's never
> happened...)

However the "overhead" of the new feature -- hitting RET again -- is
_very_ low, to the point where after the initial surprise you don't even
notice it.

I'd suggest using it for a while before judging.

-Miles

--
Politics, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of
principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.