Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:15:20 -0500

Jason Earl <address@hidden> writes:
>> Do we need to coordinate with Andreas to do the real-life conversion?
>> Andreas, if so, are you listening and willing?
>
> This would make things easier.

Looks like Andreas is indeed ready to coordinate, based on his mail just
now.  So:

>> Jason, assuming Andreas is willing, are you ready to do one more
>> conversion?
>
> I'm willing to do as many conversions as you need.

Dude, you and Andreas *so* get a beer if you're ever in my city :-).

> Sounds good to me (for what that's worth :).  Would you like me to
> create a new test emacs-merges repository right now?

If you don't mind, yes.  Doing another test conversion will help us
establish that the conversion process is routinized enough to be
reliable (I'll spot check the new emacs-merges repository, and hopefully
so will others).  Also, while we're doing that, we can be talking to the
Savannah admins to make sure they're ready to host bzr.

As I wrote in an reply to Andreas just a moment ago, I think the general
plan should be:

  1) Get one more conversion (git & thence to emacs-merges bzr)
  2) Spot-check it
  3) Talk to savannah admins, make sure they're ready
  4) Pick a flag day (one that works for both you and Jason, and that
     Stefan, Chong, RMS, and the group are comfortable with)
  5) Convert on that day!

...with step (3) happening in parallel with everything else.

Speaking of which, anyone know who I should talk to to coordinate with
Savannah?  (We're going to host the mainline branch on Savannah, right?)

Based on http://tinyurl.com/bpbz8f, I believe Savannah supports bzr
already, though it's not clear how official that's mean to be.  The
names attached to those support tickets are, variously:

  bwy
  rsavoye
  nihilus
  bjacques
  strk

(Or is filing a ticket the One True Way to enter into a dialogue with
Savannah?)

-Karl