Re: djvu image file format in emacs?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: djvu image file format in emacs?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:39:09 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Sounds good.  BTW, this will make it that much more desirable to merge
>>> image-mode and doc-view.el.
>> Please clarify.
>
> image-mode allows you to view a single file which contains one or more
> images.
> doc-view allows you to view a directory which contains (one or more)
> images (tho it also additionally creates the directory first, from
> a PDF/PS/DVI file).
> If you look at the two modes and their code, you'll see there's already
> some overlap, but there should be more.

Interesting.

Another question:
I would like to use the ImageMagick MagickWand api to support djvu,
because then I could, as it seems, be easy to do other image operations in Emacs
I'd like to do, scaling, croping, etc.

Any opinions on this? ImageMagick is free software, has GPL compatible
license, and seems nice. image-dired already relies on ImageMagick.

--
Joakim Verona