Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:45:11 -0500

Forwarded mail from Jason below -- he has a newer, shinier repository
almost ready to post:

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: bzr repository ready? Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:52:48 -0700 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1 (gnu/linux)
Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>> I've put something on fencepost in ~schwab/emacs.bzr.
>
> Thanks!  Simultaneously, Jason Earl has been working on this (note
> that he apparently can't post to this list; I don't know the reason
> for the bounces, and I'm able to receive other emails from him just
> fine).
>
> Jason also now has two new converted repositories:
>
>   1) http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges.tar.gz
>      # Converted with the trunk version of bzr fastimport
>      # (also known as "Ian Clatworthy's version")
>
>   2) http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges-jason.tar.gz
>      # Converted with Jason's modified version of trunk bzr fastimport.
>      # He says this conversion has the missing tags that we've discussed
>      # before, and has the missing emacs-unicode branch (although it
>      # appears to be called "emacs-unicode.remote").

Actually, Thanks to some bug fixes to bzr-fastimport by Max Bowsher I
now have a single repository.  I am in the process of updating the repo
so that it is current and I will get the link up today.

> So I think maybe Jason's is the one to test?  But, Andreas, how was
> your "emacs.bzr" made?  With bzr fastimport, or some other method?  As
> we now have three conversions, we should figure out which one to
> concentrate on.

It appears that Max's patches have already landed.  That means that
anyone with a bit of time and patience can build a new repo from
Andreas' git repo.

> Jason, if you see this but can't post a response, then respond
> personally to me and I'll forward your mail into the thread (as a
> workaround until you can fix your posting problem).

Thanks,

Jason

--- End Message ---