Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: alin.s
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:41:54 -0800 (PST)

When I first started to write the tabs, I started from redisplay_internal.
Fortunatelly, I found the solution such that I did not touch that code.

But trying to read it, it was impossible for me to make a general coherence
of the code. Only in parts I could understand it.

Yes, in genral the redisplay is superior with its overlays, but many
overlays like in linum-mode make it works bad.

I did not invest much effort in trying to read it, because I am afraid that
apart a few persons who were motivated to write some code in that part,
nobody knows it.

I wanted to say that it should be adopted a system that everybody can
understand, in order for everybody interested to be able to gain a coherence
in thought about that part of emacs.