Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:17:57 -0500

    >     Definitely, those files were added with `bzr add'. You did it
    >     inadvertently.
    >
    > I did not.

    Yes, you did. Bazaar does not add files without being told so.

I really don't think I did more than a `commit' but I cannot remember so
I am not sure.  As far as I know, the documentation does not recommend a
`diff' before a `commit' or an `add'.  It should so that a person
notices, even one who makes mistakes like I do.  Why did the files of
W3M mode in my Emacs get added?

    >  How do I commit one file?

    That's explained on

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs

Actually, it does not that I found, but it is very useful to know that

    bzr commit one-file another-file ...

does exist.  Thank you.

It turns out that

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs

has information on `uncommit', which I had not realized before.  (In
other words, I noticed the command but paid no attention to it.)  The
documentation says `there s no compelling reason to do it if you're
just revising a change' so the presumption I would make (and probably
did) is that there was some easier way to remove an error:  That was
before I understood the implication that you add always, which is what
I now think (unless you want to do something difficult or have
possible bugs).

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                                 address@hidden