Re: Windows 9X compatibility

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Windows 9X compatibility
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:26:10 +0200

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 22:32, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> AFAIK, none of the active contributors to the
> Windows port has access to a W9X system these days.

Hmm, I just remembered... About a month ago I tried 23.1 (the standard
binary tarball distribution) on a Windows 95 and it refused to start;
had trouble loading a library. Not some uncommon library, though, but
kernel32 or somesuch. Unfortunately, I have no developer tools on that
computer and only occasional access to it, so I haven't been able to
look into the problem. I'll try to gather more information next time,
but it'd be great to have confrmation that it *does* work on W95 right
now.

    Juanma