Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:09:45 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Yair F <address@hidden> writes:
> > By the way, do you have a better font than 'dejavu sans' for
> > Hebrew?

> There are 2 major options: Fonts from culmus package
> (http://culmus.sourceforge.net/):
> Miriam Mono (blends with couier), David (Serif), Nachlieli (OpenOffice
> default) or most of the others.

> The other option is using msttcorefonts.

I downloaded culmus fonts.  It seems "David CLM" font is
quite good.  And, while testing with that font, I found a
bug in the current Emacs code.  I'll fix it soon.  Please
wait for a while.

> I'll try to approach Dejavu designers as well.

Thank you.  Another problem I found with Dejavu Sans is that
that lookup tables implementing "mark" feature for hebrew
don't have proper LookupFlag to ignore previous combining
marks (GDEF class 3).  I think that's why it can't compose
two or more diacricals correctly.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden