Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload

From: Leo
Subject: Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 17:59:49 +0100

On 2010-05-23 17:04 +0100, Juri Linkov wrote:
> That's is the reason why I have a doubt about moving it out of
> dired-x. Maybe for dired-jump we should find a new keybinding not used
> by other packages?

If you choose other key, people who have been using dired-x will have
difficult time and dired-x is shipped with emacs for a while now. Jabber
can choose to override global binding, in particular, I guess jabber
isn't visiting any files in its buffers.

I think dired-jump should be moved out of dired-x. Those redefined
functions should be properly merged too. Redefining functions are
dependent on the order the library is loaded and causes confusion from
time to time.

Leo