Re: Window configurations

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:55:07 +0200

> I don't want to link with-output-to-temp-buffer and display-buffer.
> I.e. if it requires something special from display-buffer, then that
> extra flexibility will have to be added to display-buffer, but not in
> a "reserved value" kind of way.

If you eventually want to replace `switch-to-buffer' by `pop-to-buffer'
it becomes important to distinguish calls to show a specific buffer from
calls for showing unspecified, temporary buffers.  Otherwise, you can't
tell apart the explicit placing of buffers in windows from merely
accidental ones that happened just because some window had the right
size at the right moment.

> I'd rather deal with the disgruntled than add a customization variable.

I'll take your word for that.

martin