Re: Selection changes in revno 100822

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Selection changes in revno 100822
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:19:29 +0300

> Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:50:23 +0100
> From: David De La Harpe Golden <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Ah, w32 x-get-selection-value is only returning the clipboard the first
> time it is called, subsequent calls return nil if the clipboard is
> unchanged, it's following the interprogram-paste-function  protocol.

Right.  The same happens with the DOS version of
x-get-selection-value.

> A C-y after such a mouse-2 won't insert the current w32 clipboard unless
> it has changed since the mouse-2, because it's already been "consumed"
> (put on w32 x-last-selected-text)   Nor will the mouse-2 have put it on
> the kill ring, so it won't be available via M-y either.

This is because mouse-2 no longer calls `yank'.  It's unrelated to the
change I made, which was the minimal change to get mouse-2 back to
Windows users.  This is a temporary change; I intend to start a
discussion about some of the fallout issues when the dust settles a
bit.

> What happens when you press mouse-2 twice in a row when it's inserted
> from the w32 clipboard.

What happens when you do that on X?  What happens on X when you type
C-y after mouse-2?