Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:38:07 +0100

>> Or more consistent with Emacs menu definitions would be
>> to use a menu property like `:key-sequence' and `:keys',
>> e.g. `key-accel':
>
> IIRC, last time we discussed this, we decided that the latter approach
> would be best.  We also considered adopting the GTK approach and replacing
> _ with ~ on windows (and whatever is appropriate on Mac), but that leaves
> lucid and text menus needing to remove the character all the time.

It seems I missed this decision in this overlong thread.

What would be a good scheme for values of `key-accel'?
It could either specify the absolute position of the accelerator
in the menu label string (an integer value like `:key-accel 6'),
or the accelerator itself as a character (like `:key-accel ?A').