Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:37:50 +0200

>> Neither sounds good when you think of a possible future addition
>> of gettext.
> Yes, I agree.  We need to design a scheme that could support
> translatable menu items.

That basically implies that it has to be part of the text (and not as
a text-property).  So the scheme using an underscore or some such char
seems to be the way to go.
I see two questions left open:
1- which char to use (I'd favor _ since it's what's used in the Free
   toolkit I happen to know).
2- how to deal with breaking backward compatibility (e.g. menus which
   currently include _).

        Stefan