Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check): Convert

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check): Convert colors to hexadecimal with shr-color->hexadecimal.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:18:16 -0500

>> By that logic, we should move all of Emacs into the Gnus tree.  This is
>> a general purpose library, not specific to Gnus.  It really ought to be
>> moved out into the Emacs tree.  If no one objects, I'm going to move it.
>
> It is actively being hacked on, and Gnus is the only user.  After it
> stabilises then, yes, it should be moved, but not at present.
>
> It's being worked on.  It's brand new code.  Chill out.

I see.  Why not just use hexrgb.el (or build on it)?  It's been around
long enough that such teething problems should have been eliminated.

Drew Adams has an assignment on file; if he is willing to include
hexrgb.el under that assignment, we could simply add that to Emacs.
Whatever additional functionality you need that isn't already present,
you could then simply add.