Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:34:41 -0500

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:13:24 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

SM> Adding a load-directory function is OK, yes.  But please send the
SM> corresponding patch for review first.

>> First, the library.

SM> Sounds like this is a package, which I'd be happy to see in ELPA, but
SM> in core.

I wrote it as a library so all we have to do in the core is call
`user-load-dirs-load' (or some alias to it) after loading the
`user-init-file'.  The central point several of us have been making is
that we want `user-load-dirs-load' called automatically, not when the
package or library are explicitly loaded, to make using this library a
simple matter of customizing a single variable (the
`user-load-dirs-list').

If you and Chong don't want that, then I'll put it in the ELPA.

Ted