Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'

From: chad
Subject: Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:28:07 -0700

On Jul 6, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

I just have one data point -- I installed Ubuntu, and sending mail from
Emacs didn't work.

This was also my experience, around February of this year.

I have not observed an increase in bugs relating to mail configuration
or requests for help to configure mail or frustration regarding the
current default.

Perhaps they weren't able to report the bug?  :-)

You laugh, but I saw this pretty frequently when I last looked;
root's mbox was filled with errors, bounces, and bug reports.  At
the time, I was maintaining up-to-date emacs for a large distributed
infrastructure (MIT), so I cared when I found `lost' bug reports
stuck in never-read location.

*Chad