Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:10:08 +0200

Am 09.08.2011 03:44, schrieb Richard Stallman:
     >  Hm, for example lisp/international/uni-name.el doesn't look like "the
     >  preferred form of the work for making modifications to it". The file
     >  rather has the appearence of line noise. ;-)

Maybe that memory concerned some other files.  I said I might be
wrong.

Since these files are not under the GPL, we are not leading anyone to
violate the GPL.  So there is no legal issue, but there remains an
ethical issue: is it wrong for a release to contain generated files
made from sources that are distributed separately?

In case you answer "yes", you must include the gcc-sources as well.

Also the sources, the gcc is build from...

IMHO in short: copyleft is saying: you must include the universe.

Where again the wrong with copyleft is it's requiring, it's menace with the prosecutor and the courts.

Would the GPL say politely: please do, it's recommended, than it's fine for sure.

Real existing powers with it's police-systems, services and courts are not ethical because of the way they are build up nowadays.

Maybe once in a better world constructed from Emacs-Sources... :)

Andreas

At the very least, it is good to avoid this.  So why not add these
sources to the distrbution?