Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.90

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.90
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:19:14 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:29:10 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> > Yes.  "make info" apparently runs successfully, and I can browse from
> > my Emacs the manuals shipped with it.  Perfectly well.
>
> I'm assuming this will be with a recent release of MinGW/MSYS, and so
> makeinfo 4.13. Curious.

There's nothing wrong with makeinfo 4.13 on Windows.  It's just that
the binary provided by GnuWin32 is broken.

If you have MSYS, you can build Texinfo 4.13 yourself.  I did that,
and the resulting makeinfo.exe "just works".  I don't remember if I
needed any Windows specific changes to build it.  (My primary interest
was to have a working info.exe, which does need changes.  I'm almost
there, btw.)