Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.

From: Nix
Subject: Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:49:21 +0000

On 13 Feb 2012, Stefan Monnier stated:
> Indeed, the problem is not one of precedence.  It's one of implementing
> it efficiently and still make it work right (after defining what "right"
> means) in the presence of let-bindings.  Compound this with the fact
> that such combinations are virtually never used (and hence never
> tested/debugged) and you'll see that it's both a painful problem to
> solve and one that comes with no reward.

The 'never tested' problem is surely best fixed -- once we figure out
what the semantics of such an interaction should be -- with a test in
the Emacs testsuite. This sort of subtle rarely-noticed-when-it-breaks
lisp-layer thing is what the automated testsuite was *made* for.

(but I am teaching my elderly relatives to aspirate calcinated avian
embryos again. I should give this up.)

--
NULL && (void)