Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:33:35 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> If you can support the equivalent of this query:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgindex.cgi?indexon=users
>
> people will be able to browse the users and their tags.

Not possible exactly. The SOAP interface does not allow to check for
arbitrary user tags, it can only return user tags for a given user, and
bugs tagged by that user with such a user tag. See
<http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface>.

I've written today a function `debbugs-get-usertag' with the following
docstring (it behaves a little bit different as the SOAP function
get_usertag):

| (debbugs-get-usertag USER &rest TAGS)
|
| Return a list of bug numbers which are tagged by USER.
|
| USER, a string, is either the email address of the user who has
| applied a user tag, or a pseudo-user like "emacs".
|
| TAGS is a list of strings applied as user tags.  The returning
| list is filtered for these tags.
|
| If TAGS is nil, no bug numbers will be returned but a list of
| existing tags for USER.
|
| Example:
|
|   (debbugs-get-usertag "emacs")
|
|   => ("www" "solaris" "ls-lisp" "cygwin")
|
|   (debbugs-get-usertag "emacs" "www" "cygwin")
|
|   => (807 1223 5637)

That might be sufficient to our needs; in general USER shall be either a
package name, or a user's email address.

If we really want to get a list of all existing user tags, we must
either extend the SOAP interface, or we must parse the output of
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgindex.cgi?indexon=users>. Not my primary
choice.

> I was just thinking about an explicit query of usertags, I don't think
> you need to show them in the default search list.

OK. I'll add a respective command to debbugs-gnu.el. Likely tomorrow.

Best regards, Michael.