Re: GNU ELPA visibility

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA visibility
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 00:47:27 +0200

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 02:14:00 +0400
Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:
>  >> It really is the most useful repository, though. And the only one
>  >> still actively maintained, among alternative repos.
>  >
>  > Marmalade is still maintained (currently by nicferrier) and quite
>  > useful, too:
>  >
>  > http://marmalade-repo.org/
>
> Do you just mean "moderated"? The last commit to the engine was
> almost a year ago: http://code.google.com/p/marmalade/source/list

Four months, actually: https://github.com/nicferrier/marmalade/ - and
he just confirmed to me that he is actively maintaining it. :-)

He has been working on a rewrite as far as I know, but not sure how
far that is.

But yeah, I'm not sure how much commits to the *engine* of an archive
say about its usefulness. Marmalade has multiple package uploads daily,
and a pretty long list of packages.

Regards,
        -- Jorgen