Re: CEDET version

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: CEDET version
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:00:40 -0500

David Engster wrote:

> Actually, it's more like a 1.2 since 1.1 was already released some time
> ago, and the now bundled files are newer.
>
> It is a bit difficult since we bundle a subset of CEDET with Emacs, so
> upstream versions cannot be really identical. Since we're now merging
> more regularly, maybe we don't need upstream releases anymore and should
> see it more as in incubator.
>
> In any case, I think calling this version "1.1.5" or "1.2" should be
> fine, but I'd like to know what Eric thinks.

We can call it whatever version number you like. I think the only real
issue is when using ELPA to install a newer version of CEDET than the
version supplied with Emacs (but maybe this won't be happening?).

There are various things that this affects; see M-x list-packages
output. semantic, srecode, inversion, pulse, ede, etc. They all have
different version numbers at present.