Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:00:07 -0400

     > Files in Org mode are already on a track to be included in Emacs.

    By which you mean "it is the FSF legal staff's professional opinion

You have misunderstood completely.  I'm not talking about anyone's
opinion.  I am telling you my policy decision.

If someone asks us, as a favor, not to include in Emacs some of the
code he has assigned, we might in some situations grant his request --
but not if we have already started including it.

As for what judges might decide about some other question, I am
confident that all a person's changes to Emacs are assigned, and I
will discuss the details with lawyers if I see a need.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation