Re: Emacs as the windows manager for graphical windows, How can I help?

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Emacs as the windows manager for graphical windows, How can I help?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 20:44:18 +0800

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:04:35 +0200
"Malk'Zameth" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all!

Hello,

> I have always dreamed of using emacs as my WM

You can have a look at this thread[1].  I think port XWEM to GNU Emacs
is a good idea.

> Well, time to put my free time where my mouth is : I volunteer to work
> on that, giving it all my "sideproject time" from the first of may
> until completion.

Thank you very much.

> I have never hacked Emacs source itself (maybe there is a welcome
> guide somewhere?) and I am a newbie to Emacs lisp itself (only emacs
> lisp I've done: ugly init.el config
> https://github.com/malk/.emacs.d/blob/master/init.el ) but I am a
> developer by trade and I do want to invest my time on that.

Thanks again.  I have two posts[2][3] about contributing code to Emacs
(contributing in general, not only the Emacs Xwidget branch).  As for
Xwidget, you can see the README[4], HTH.

You can ask Stefan for the copyright assignment stuff, I think.

Footnotes:
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-05/msg00746.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-01/msg00640.html
[3] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-02/msg00322.html