Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 00:36:32 +0200

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Prompt the user.

Not so sure. If you invoke desktop-read interactively, it could make
sense (or we could add an argument, so C-u M-x desktop-read selects
the alternate behavior). But in the most common case, which is (likely
to be) running desktop-read from after-init-hook (which is
automatically done now if you enable desktop-mode), I don't think
asking the user is the way to go. Far from it.

> and/or provide a user option to override the prompt.

Yeah.